Eric has been training racehourses since 1981 and came from a professional show jumping background
He was the first Australian jumping trainer to reach 400 wins – August 2002. He has won the most jumping races of any trainer in history.
In 2003 he was inaugurated into the AJRA/VRC Racing Gallery of Champions.
Feature Jumping Races
- Nakayama Grand Jump Japan 3 times (back to back 2005/2006/2007)
- Grand National Steeple twice
- Won Great Eastern Steeple 3 times
- Won Yalumba Classic Hurdle (now Somerled Classic Hurdle) 8 times
- Won Von Doussa Steeplechase 13 times
Other feature races include the Gallywood Hurlde, The Crisp Steeple, the Brierly Steeple, the South Australian Grand National Steeple and Hurdle
Eric has been....
- leading metropolitan jumping trainer 14 times
- leading Australasian jumping trainer last 22 years.
Eric Musgrove training now at the magnificent Karasi Park located at Coronet Bay. Karasi Park has 217 undulating acres with sea on three sides has been developed by the Musgroves with full training facilities. A 2100 metre sand track, 2300 grass track and a 1000 metre uphill gallop just start the amazing benefits of this property. The horses go straight from the property and onto the beach to complete their work on a daily basis.
Karasi himself is now used in and around the stables for teaching young horses to walk in the water.